Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thursday April 18th

Today there was a thunderstorm at 5 am when I got up to start making Emmie's bottle.  She went to bed early last night without her last bottle so I thought she'd be really hungry when she woke up at around 6 and she was.  She woke up smiling though and playing with Michael and me.  He fed her her bottle this morning - she is bonding well with him.  She probably never seen men before as likely her caregivers were women at the SWI.
Michael had to go pay some additional fees with Mary but that's all that really needed to be done this morning.  We would have gone to the park if it wasn't raining.  I am happy to have a quiet restful day to do 'nothing'. 
This morning we set up a blanket and pillows for Emmie and Maddie to play.  Emmie, like many babies who were in an institution setting, was probably in her crib a lot and needs to develop motor skills.  We know with our love and attention and the help of NJ early intervention at home that she will thrive.  We have already seen tremendous progress.  Two days ago she could not hold her head up while on her tummy.  She fell down and cried.  I propped a blanket under her chest to help support her and held toys in front of her and she played a bit.  We also encouraged her to "stand" in the restaurant booth while we supported holding her from behind.  Behind the back of the booth was a window where she loved watching all the street traffic go by.  This morning she drank her bottle at 10 and I was expecting her to nap at 11 per the schedule they had her on. But she was too excited to play more.  She was on the bed between Maddie and me and all of a sudden started rolling over by herself - not once - but many times - and smiling and laughing the whole time.  I gave her a big high five!  Great job little girl!
Mike went to the SWI his daughter Kona had been in today - it's 3 hrs away.
We asked about a visit to where Emmie was but were told that it was closing soon and were discouraged from going.  Found a blog in Spanish though with some pictures/links to it.
http://conelcorazonenchina.blogspot.com/2009/08/jianxin-swi-jiangxi.html 


5 comments:

  1. So excited to hear of Emmie's progress and how quickly you have become family!! I can't wait to follow her progress and watch her thrive under your care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are all doing well, Emmie is making great progress! She and Maddie are gorgeous! You are blessed. Can't wait to meet her!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of Sisters...brings tears to my eyes how lucky we are to have Maddie and Emmie in our lives, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am smiling with tears in my eyes too! Emmie and Maddie are blessings to our family!

    ReplyDelete